Based on research, Crdl can be used as a therapeutic intervention by caregivers to engage with their residents living with dementia. We especially love Crdl, because it creates a form of equality whereby each participant has the same opportunity to connect, regardless of their cognitive level.
This interactive care tool is designed to enable new forms of communication between people who struggle with social interactions (people living with dementia, their caretakers, family members or friends).
For the players (people living with dementia):
- Creates impactful connections between players
- Provides themes to start and support conversation by triggering memories from recognizable sounds
- Breaks social isolation by providing an incentive to touch
- Encourages experimentation with different types of touch
For the healthcare workers and families:
- Creates an atmosphere of playfulness and curiosity
- Helps to break isolation when a conversation is no longer possible
- Promotes intergenerational ties