Increase the quality of care for residents living with dementia
Tovertafel is an award-winning dementia care tool to support your memory care staff
Universities that have published research on the Tovertafel
What is the Tovertafel (magic table)?
The Tovertafel projector transforms any surface into an immersive, interactive game. This care tool supports the CNAs and broader care teams in providing person-centered care at any time of the day and helps to manage behavioral symptoms associated with dementia. With up to 40 games for dementia patients, there's something for everyone!
How the Tovertafel helps memory care teams
Person-centered dementia care: find the resident’s favorite activity, and manage behavioral symptoms associated with dementia (like sundowning syndrome) with one of the 40 Tovertafel games
Decrease workload: engage multiple residents at a time in a meaningful activity, with no material to prep or clean up
Developed as part of a doctoral research program, the games’ effects on residents have been (and continue to be!) studied & proven in a dozen master’s and PhDs.
The only assistive technology designed for and with people living with dementia. Each game has been extensively tested to ensure a positive effect on players’ moods and behavior
Share the Knowledge: Downloadable Resources
Discover resources to learn more and share with your team
An Introduction to Tover: A PowerPoint Presentation
The use of interactive tables in promoting wellbeing: A Study
High quality of care. High impact.
Helps to enhance employees’ job satisfaction
Improves players’ self-confidence
Improves social Interaction
Improves the care relationship between staff and players
A glimpse into the magic of the Tovertafel
Meet the creator of the Tovertafel
The Tovertafel was created by Tover’s founder Hester Anderiesen Le Riche after her Ph.D. research showed that 90% of nursing home residents with dementia are affected by apathy, which negatively influences their physical, cognitive, and emotional well-being. Hester’s early work was the foundation for Tover’s mission: to create a more caring and inclusive world for people with cognitive challenges and provide care that is designed around memorable moments and quality of life.
Endorsed by professionals
JOIN OUR WEBINAR!
See the Tovertafel in action and learn about the research that led to the development of the magic table, the co-design process, and the benefits of this innovation.
- Assembled in the US.
- Premium-built projector with cutting-edge technology and enhanced durability
- Size: 13.4 x 12.2 x 8.0 in | 34.0 x 31.0 x 20.3 cm
- Weight: 18.8 lbs | 8.5 kg
- Resolution: 1280 x 800 px
- The Tovertafel works offline (no wifi or internet required). All the games are pre-loaded on the device
- Includes two years of OP&L subscription (28 games and counting, My Tover, Toverlab and usage analytics)
- Includes two remotes and two ceiling mounts
- Permanent access to 10 core games
- Permanent access to seasonal games (Easter, Christmas, etc.)
- Permanent access to software updates
- In-person training
- 2 years Warranty
- The Tovertafel is not likely to be touched by residents or visitors in its mounted position on the ceiling. Tovertafel is an electrical device and should be cleaned as similar devices, like computers and televisions.
- Remotes can be cleaned with disinfectants but lightly and never soaked.