HUG by Laugh
HUG is a sensory companion designed to bring pleasure and comfort to people living with dementia. HUG is designed to be cuddled and with its weighted limbs, it feels as if it’s hugging you back. HUG also has a beating heart within its soft body and can play music that can be easily changed to a favorite playlist.
How can HUG assists healthcare professionals in caring for people living with dementia?
- To some, HUG can be a companion throughout the day. Its soft body and weighted limbs provide a soothing embrace and is a great conversation starter.
- For individuals who become agitated at night, HUG can help ease anxiety and decrease loneliness, especially for those who were used to sleeping with a partner.
- HUG can also be used as a calming tool during challenging moments where some individuals may become agitated, such as getting dressed, personal hygiene care, taking medication and many other.
- Soft comfortable body
- Weighted limbs
- Rechargeable music player and beating heart unit
- Customizable music playlist and adjustable volume
- Built in heartbeat with adjustable intensity
- Machine washable
At Eugeria, we want to ensure that the new innovations we offer are useful, innovative, dignifying, and backed by research. HUG is the latest in this line of items. Designed by a group of researchers at the Cardiff Metropolitan University, HUG was specifically developed for people with mid to late stages of dementia. We are delighted to see the impact HUG will have in North America!